Yes, GPS remains on in the background while your phone is locked so that you can immediately access your GPS distances when you unlock your phone. The default setting is five minutes. You can lower the length of time the GPS remains connected to increase battery life by opening Settings > GPS, Scoring, Caddie > Background GPS > adjust as necessary.
Articles in this section
- Why aren't my aerial images showing?
- What is Power Save Mode?
- What can I do to improve my GPS accuracy?
- What courses are mapped in Golfshot?
- What if the GPS distances seem incorrect?
- I started a round and am not getting any distances. What's wrong?
- How do I use the GPS List?
- How do I see more detail and zoom in on the aerial image?
- How do I preview a course?
- Does the GPS remain on when I lock my phones screen?